Saturday, September 23, 2023

Dave Dellenbaugh's Speed & Smarts

Besides just sailing expertise, the best sailing instructors have excellent communication skills and can teach concepts effectively.  One of the instructors I respect the most is Dave Dellenbaugh.  Dave has literally written the book on sailing and racing skill.  He has served as tactician on America's Cup campaigns and taught generations of U.S. Olympic sailors.

Dave authors a newsletter named "Speed & Smarts" which is subscription-based.  I learn something new in every one of these publications.  He also has published training articles in a series named The Fast Course and another named The Smart Course.  These are available in the public domain.       

When you need a sailing fix in the offseason, visit the Dave Dellenbaugh Sailing home page and look under the Toolbox tab for access to the training articles and under the Speed & Smarts tab for access to the newsletters.  This material is incredibly valuable for raising our game.  Karen and I registered for a number of Dave's webinars that we are allowed to share to crew mates, too.  

Sail fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment