Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Work party - April 21

We had a somewhat productive work party on April 21 with Michael and Karen.  After a lot of problem solving, Michael and I determined a different than intended solution for the wheel well drain fittings and hose.  A few more parts are on order.  We will finish this job a little later.  It must be installed before launch.

With their help, I went up the mast to the spreader light fixture with parts and tools.  I had earlier replaced the somewhat corroded mast base connectors with waterproof ones.  That solved the problem of no voltage at the fixture - I saw 12.6 volts at the wire.  I scavenged parts from a new fixture and got that light working and with an LED bulb.  The masthead light still needs fixing, though!  

So, somewhat productive, but no progress on bottom sanding yet.  Here are some pix.  Thanks, Karen!    

We discovered a detached linkage on the autopilot pneumatic cylinder.  Very mysterious.

Kindly, Karen and Michael brought me down after fixing the deck light.

Michael working from on deck, in the aft locker.

Chris working from inside the cabin, in the quarterberth.

Design for new electrical subpanel.


Subpanel substrate cut by Doug Brown, in progress.  Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment