I don't know if it is too geeky or too much information to share, but I believe in fostering the teamwork of how a sailboat crew operates. I feel strongly that characteristics of respected crew mates include character, then spirit, and then attributes, sort of in that order of priority! Skills can be taught; spirit grows; character endures. When the crew share the foundation of these qualities, individuals support the common goals, and the team is likely to be cohesive and the sailing gratifying and rewarding!
In one episode of Ted Lasso about his British football team, Ted tells his superstar Jaime, "You are truly the most talented athlete I have ever coached. And you might think you're one in a million, but when you think you're one of eleven, whew, the sky's the limit to what you can accomplish."
Looking forward to another season sailing and racing Volant as a team!

No comments:
Post a Comment