Thursday, February 27, 2025

Opinion poll about training

In the spirit of continuous learning, I have created another survey to gauge your interest in attending meetings or zoom sessions to cover some useful sailboat racing training materials.  I have recent rebroadcast webinar materials from a North U. series taught by Bill Gladstone on sail trim and another from a Speed&Smarts series taught by Dave Dellenbaugh on wind behavior - persistent and oscillating shifts.  These have both been very good.  

Take the quick 2-minute survey here:

opinion poll survey about sailboat racing training   

Thank you!  I'll update this post with results that come in.

👇

As of March 2, 2025, 8 responses are in.  Widespread preferences for day/time, with Wednesday evening leading and Saturday afternoon close behind.  Widespread preferences for locale, with yacht club leading, followed by residence.  Very widespread preferences for topics, with sail trim leading, followed by tactics.  Two people can only do zoom.  Here is a snapshot of the polling results as of this date.

It will be challenging to get the yacht club opened for us, with heat turned on, until after late March, when the club officially reopens.  Before then, let's try for Chris and Karen's house in Coloma, on a Wednesday evening or Saturday afternoon, run zoom concurrently, and talk first about sail trim.  I will send a meeting invitation and also post details on the Events page here.

When you think sail trim and sail handling on Volant is challenging!...

No comments:

Post a Comment